At the University of Lynchburg, we encourage students, faculty, staff, and visitors to promptly and accurately report all crimes and public safety-related incidents to Campus Safety and Security, as well as to the relevant police agencies.
To report a crime or any emergency happening on campus, you can reach out to CSS in the following ways:
- Visit the CSS office, located on the first floor of Hall Campus Center.
- Call 434.544.8102 for non-emergency situations.
- Dial 434.544.5555 if you need emergency assistance.
- Use the LiveSafe app.
For emergencies requiring the Lynchburg Police Department or other city emergency services, please dial 911. However, if the emergency is on campus, we recommend contacting CSS first. This allows us to send a campus security officer to the site immediately while city emergency personnel are on their way.
We take campus safety seriously, but we must clarify that we cannot promise complete confidentiality of crime information. However, if requested or deemed necessary by the University, we will make every effort to protect sensitive details and maintain the anonymity of individuals reporting crimes. Please note that we do not include anonymous crime reports in our annual crime statistics.
We encourage our University community and visitors to report any campus crimes or emergencies swiftly and accurately to CSS, as well as to the appropriate police agencies.
In dealing with crimes or safety concerns, you can also access support and assistance from the following resources:
- On Campus: 434.544.5555 (Campus Safety and Security, located on the first floor of Hall Campus Center)
- Off Campus and at Claytor Nature Center: 911 (Police, fire, and emergency medical services)
- On Campus: 434.544.8102 (Campus Safety and Security, located on the first floor of Hall Campus Center)
- Lynchburg Police Department: 434.847.1602 (for non-emergency calls)
- The Office of Housing and Residence Life: 434.544.8320 (may be a helpful contact depending on the situation)
If you ever feel threatened and unsure of what steps to take, please reach out to CSS. Our officers are here to assist you and can help connect you with other campus resources if necessary.