The University of Lynchburg has a new master’s program. Starting in January, students can enroll in the Master of Healthcare Administration, a 12-month, asynchronous online degree program. At just over $14,000, Lynchburg’s MHA is the most affordable program of its kind in Virginia.
“We’re thrilled to announce the launch of our Master of Healthcare Administration within the College of Medical Science,” said Dr. Jeremy M. Welsh, dean of the college.
“This program is an excellent addition to our strategic vision of programs offered within our college. It also continues to confirm our commitment to shaping future leaders who will drive positive change in health care management and delivery.”
The application deadline for the spring semester, which starts Jan. 2, is Dec. 15, and no GMAT or GRE is required.
The MHA builds core skills in a number of areas, including health care delivery and financing institutions, organizations, and practices; problem-solving, strategic thinking, and innovation; planning, directing, and coordinating teams and services; leading and managing human resources in diverse organizations; and becoming a respected leader. Courses are taught in seven-week blocks.
Students can customize their degrees with electives such as Executive Leadership, Strategic Leadership and Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and Justice, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application. Submit the following:
- Official transcript from the college or university where your bachelor’s degree was awarded
- Professional résumé or CV
- One letter of recommendation
- $100 application fee
- Learn more about the application process if you are a student seeking a second master’s degree or a non-degree graduate student.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field from a regionally accredited institution
- 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA
- Official transcripts for all previously attended undergraduate and graduate institutions
- English Language testing when English is not a first language
The MHA costs $425 per credit hour and requires 33 credit hours to graduate. Financial aid is available in different forms and more information can be found on the graduate financial aid website. The University of Lynchburg also offers graduate assistant positions. Virginia residents are encouraged to apply for the Virginia Tuition Assistance Grant.
For more information, call 434.544.8770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.