The MEd in special education offers you in-depth study and research opportunities to explore specific areas of interest or pursue research projects in individual classes beyond class assignments.
Previous and current research projects include:
- Autism Spectrum disorders
- Reading disabilities
- Intellectual disabilities
- Emotional and behavior disorders
- Criminal justice for individuals with disabilities
- Teaching strategies for children with disabilities
The University of Lynchburg Journal of Special Education, a publication that consists almost entirely of LC students’ work, publishes exemplary pieces written within individual graduate courses in addition to research conducted beyond class assignments.