Stephen Dawson, PhD
- 2010 - Present - Assistant Professor of Religion and Philosophy - Lynchburg College
- 2004 - 2010 - Adjunct Professor of Religion and Philosophy - Lynchburg College
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD in Religious Studies, Boston University
- M.T.S. in Theology, Boston University School of Theology
- BA in English, George Mason University
- Introduction to Ethics
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Judaism, Christianity, and Islam
- Religions of Asia
Publications and Presentations
- '"Almighty God Hath Created the Mind Free': Thomas Jefferson's Theistic Argument for Religious Freedom." Public lecture presented at Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Virginia, 19 November 2008.
- "Agonistic Federalism: The Alabama Ten Commandments Controversy." A Nation of Religions: The Politics of Pluralism in Multireligious America, ed. Stephen Prothero (Chapel Hill: University of North Carolina Press, 2006).
- "The Opium of the Classroom." A Season of Teaching: A Casebook for College and University Instructors of Religion(Boston: Boston University, 2001).
- Co-editor, Extraordinary Times (Vienna: Institut für Die Wissenschaften vom Menchen, 2001).
- "Virtue and the Constitution: Silence by Design." Extraordinary Times (Vienna: Institut für Die Wissenschaften vom Menchen, 2001).
- "Sacred and Secular Liberty and the American Founding." Paper presented at the IWM Junior Fellows Conference, Vienna, Austria, 8 December 2000.
- Co-editor, Proceedings of the Twentieth World Congress of Philosophy, vol. 12, Intercultural Philosophy (Bowling Green, Ohio: Philosophy Documentation Center, 2000).
Honors and Awards
- 2000: Junior Fellow, Institut für Die Wissenschaften vom Menchen, Vienna, Austria, July-December 2000.
- American Philosophical Association
- Virginia Philosophical Association