Associate Professor of Marketing
Chair of Marketing Program
Degrees and Certifications
- PhD in Marketing
The University of Memphis, 1999
- MBA in Marketing
Memphis State University, 1994
- BA in Technical Theater
The University of Colorado, 1987
- Associate Professor of Marketing, Lynchburg College, 2005 – present
- Assistant Professor Marketing, The University of New Hampshire, 2000-2005
- Instructor, University of Memphis, 1998-2000
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Communications
- Electronic Marketing
Publications and Presentations
Recent Refereed Publications
- “Integration of Value Chain Position and Porter’s (1980) Competitive Strategies into the Market Orientation Conversation: An Examination of Upstream and Downstream Activities,” (with C. Clay Dibrell and Peter Davis), Journal of Business and Economic Studies forthcoming.
- “The Effect of Involvement on Ad Judgment in a Computer Mediated Environment: The Mediating Role of Presence,” Journal of Interactive Advertising 6 no. 1 (2005).
- “Experienced Presence within Computer Mediated Communications: Initial Explorations on the Effects of Gender with Respect to Empathy and Immersion,” (with T. Bettina Cornwell and Gregory W. Boller), The Journal of Computer Mediated Communications 10 no. 2 (2005).
- “Empirical Evaluation of an Integrated Supply Chain Model for Small and Medium Sized Firms,” (with C. Clay Dibrell and Toru Sakaguchi), Information Resources Management Journal 17 no. 3 (2004): 1-19.
- “Organizational Adoption of Web-Enabled Services for Information Dissemination: A Cross National Comparison of US and Indian Small Businesses,” (with Pamila Dembla), Americas Conference Information Systems, Acapulco, Mexico, August 2006.
- “Representational Effects of Advertising in a Computer Mediated Communication Environment: Does the Word-of-Mouth Effect Exist?” (with Pamila Dembla), Global Information Management Association Conference, Orlando, Fla., June 2006.
- “The Effect of Involvement on Ad Judgment in a Computer Mediated Environment: The Mediating Role of Presence,” AMA Summer Educator’s Conference, San Francisco, Calif., 2005.
- “Presence as a Sense of Place in a Computer Mediated Communications Environment,” Northeast Business and Economics Association, New York, N.Y., 2004.
- “Gender and the Role of Empathy in Experienced Presence within Computer Mediated Communications,” (with T. Bettina Cornwell), AMA Summer Educator’s Conference, Chicago, Ill., 2003.
- Member, American Marketing Association