Are you a freshman applicant?
Freshman applicants are high school seniors or high school graduates with little or no college work.
Step 1: Apply
The University of Lynchburg has rolling admission — that means you can apply anytime after your junior year in high school. We recommend you apply to Lynchburg in the early fall of your senior year, so you’ll have plenty of time to apply for financial aid and scholarships.
There are great benefits when you make the University of Lynchburg your first choice through the Early Decision program. We value students who choose us. When you apply Early Decision, it shows you know you’re a great fit for our community.
To recognize your commitment to becoming part of the Lynchburg family, we offer a set of special perks:
- First choice of summer orientation dates (including class registration).
- Priority housing and earlier notification of your housing assignment.
- A box of Lynchburg swag to share the happy news with your friends!
- $50 discount on your campus parking pass.
- Red Chair Chat with Lynchburg’s president once you arrive!
- Coupon for 20% off at the Campus Store (expires Sept. 9, 2023).
- Application deadline: Nov. 15
- Notification: Dec. 1
- Deposit Due: Feb. 1
Early Decision is a binding commitment in which students indicate that if they are admitted by the University, they will attend and withdraw all applications to other colleges.
University of Lynchburg is on rolling admissions. There is no application deadline for non-international students who apply regular decision. Admission decisions are made within two weeks of receipt of all required materials.
- Deposit Due: May 1
Step 2: Submit Your Application Materials
Include these required materials with your application, or send separately by mail:
- High school transcripts: Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript and we’ll remind you to send an official one after an admission decision is made. The transcript must include all classes and grades completed through your junior year.
- Official SAT or ACT scores: SAT/ACT scores are not required. Students are welcome to submit test scores, if available, but those scores will not impact an admissions decision. Lynchburg school codes:
- SAT: 5372
- ACT: 4368
Optional, But Strongly Recommended
Email these optional materials to email@example.com, or send separately by mail:
- Letter of recommendation: From a high school counselor, teacher, or someone who can speak to your ability to succeed at Lynchburg. There is no special form required.
- Essay: Written on the topic of your choice, or submit a graded writing sample from your junior or senior year.
Once we receive your application and application materials, we’ll review them and will contact you with an admission decision, or to request additional information. You can expect to receive a decision within 2 weeks.
Also, visit our financial aid page to find out more about scholarships, grants, and loans to help pay for college.