Are you a freshman applicant?
Freshman applicants are high school seniors or high school graduates with little or no college work.
Step 1: Apply
The University of Lynchburg has rolling admission — that means you can apply anytime after your junior year in high school. We recommend you apply to Lynchburg in the early fall of your senior year, so you’ll have plenty of time to apply for financial aid and scholarships.
Early Action Deadlines
Apply Early Action to Lynchburg and receive an admissions decision in one week! Early Action is not binding, but gives you a quick decision and awards you merit scholarships, plus the opportunity to receive additional financial aid and scholarships.
- Oct. 15: We must receive your application and transcript.
- Oct. 22: We’ll notify you of your acceptance.
- Feb. 15: We must receive your application and transcript.
- Feb. 22: We’ll notify you of your acceptance.
Step 2: Submit Your Application Materials
Include these required materials with your application, or send separately by mail:
- High school transcripts: Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript and we’ll remind you to send an official one after an admission decision is made. The transcript must include all classes and grades completed through your junior year.
- Official SAT or ACT scores: SAT/ACT scores are not required for the 2022-23 year. Students are welcome to submit test scores, if available, but those scores will not impact an admissions decision. Lynchburg school codes:
- SAT: 5372
- ACT: 4368
Optional, But Strongly Recommended
Email these optional materials to email@example.com, or send separately by mail:
- Letter of recommendation: From a high school counselor, teacher, or someone who can speak to your ability to succeed at Lynchburg. There is no special form required.
- Essay: Written on the topic of your choice, or submit a graded writing sample from your junior or senior year.
Once we receive your application and application materials, we’ll review them and will contact you with an admission decision, or to request additional information. You can expect to receive a decision within 2 weeks.
Also, visit our financial aid page to find out more about scholarships, grants, and loans to help pay for college.