Are you a freshman applicant?
Freshman applicants are high school seniors or high school graduates with little or no college work.
Step 1: Apply
The University of Lynchburg has rolling admission — that means you can apply anytime after your junior year in high school. We recommend you apply to Lynchburg in the early fall of your senior year, so you’ll have plenty of time to apply for financial aid and scholarships.
Early Decision Deadline
Apply Early Decision if the University of Lynchburg is your first choice — that way, you’ll get notified of acceptance early! If you want to apply as an Early Decision candidate, let us know on your application.
- Nov. 15: We must receive your application and all supporting materials.
- Dec. 15: We’ll notify you of your acceptance if no additional information is needed.
- Jan. 15: Under the Early Decision policy, your reservation deposit is now due. Once accepted to Lynchburg, you must withdraw all applications to other colleges and universities.
Step 2: Submit Your Application Materials
Include these required materials with your application, or send separately by mail:
- High school transcripts: Upload an unofficial copy of your transcript and we’ll remind you to send an official one after an admission decision is made. The transcript must include all classes and grades completed through your junior year.
- Official SAT or ACT scores: SAT/ACT scores are not required for the 2021-2022 year. Students are welcome to submit test scores, if available, but those scores will not impact an admissions decision. Lynchburg school codes:
- SAT: 5372
- ACT: 4368
Optional, But Strongly Recommended
Email these optional materials to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send separately by mail:
- Letter of recommendation: From a high school counselor, teacher, or someone who can speak to your ability to succeed at Lynchburg. There is no special form required.
- Essay: Written on the topic of your choice, or submit a graded writing sample from your junior or senior year.
Once we receive your application and application materials, we’ll review them and will contact you with an admission decision, or to request additional information. You can expect to receive a decision within 2 weeks.
Also, visit our financial aid page to find out more about scholarships, grants, and loans to help pay for college.