All University of Lynchburg groups and departments may ask for one FREE low ropes program per year, due to high demand!
To schedule the program, please email , and a Student Challenge Course Coordinator will respond within a week.
- Course scheduling is available two weeks after the beginning of the academic semester, Fall and Spring.
- The program lasts two hours
- We are offering the program for your group of 10-50 participants.
- The program times depend on our OLP staff availability, course availability and your group availability.
- Because of weekend programming and OLP staff trainings we are only able to offer the LC community Free Courses on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Thank you for your understanding.
- We understand that scheduling is a challenge at times; however, please remember that our student staff sets aside their time to provide your group a free program. We simply ask that when your group attends to be in the moment, to be courteous to each other and our staff and be involved.
- Please ask your members for a commitment before scheduling a program.
Participant Requirements (very important)
- A signed liability release is required from each participant seven days before the event. If we do not have the forms in the OLP office seven days prior, we will assume that your group is automatically canceling the course.
- A pre-program questionnaire is to be filled out by all members of your group and returned no later than two weeks prior to the start date of your program.
- We prefer that everyone in your group participate in order to allow for team development. Observers can be disruptive to this process and are not allowed. Having an individual attend as a non-participant photographer is allowed, with an a completed liability release.
What to Expect From the Course
- You can get out as much as you put into it!
- We can say it is fun, challenging, and developmental.
- The greater the level of your groups participation, openness and investment into the activities, the greater the outcome.
The High Course
- Because of the many number of hours, small number of participants per hour per element, the cost of staffing the high course, we are unable to offer it free of charge. (The average high course is four hours; the average number of participants is six per hour).
- If you would like to schedule a high course for your group, the cost is $25 per participant; this is a discounted rate. Please understand that it takes a minimum of 4 to 10 staff and the OLP coordinator to facilitate a high course.
- Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.