Applications for cohort 6 will open in the summer of 2020. Classes for Cohort 6 will begin in May 2021.
To apply, submit the following:
- An online application.
- A non-refundable $30 application fee.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A 300-500 word essay focused on career goals and emphasizing prior leadership opportunities and experiences.
- Successful completion of a prior master’s degree.
A professional postgraduate degree will be considered based on relevance to the leadership studies program.
- Official transcripts from your bachelor’s degree and master’s degree as well as any other relevant graduate coursework.
- Successful completion of a graduate research course within the prior master’s degree (or taken subsequently).
- One letter of recommendation from an individual in a leadership position representing the your current employer, which indicates support for the your participation in the program and verifies capacity for successful future leadership.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your academic performance and/or work experience.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
GRE waived with two years of leadership experience or prior doctoral degree. Scores already on file at University of Lynchburg are acceptable as are official copies of the scores submitted by applicants. If you do not have access to your official scores, you will need to retake the test.
- Evidence of strong writing skills as reflected in scores on the GRE writing sub-test and/or in selected samples of writing from previous graduate programs (e.g., major term paper, master’s thesis), published work, and/or examples of professional work products related to job responsibilities.
For admitted cohort students, a $300 program deposit is required and will be applied to the first semester’s tuition.
Please submit the application and required components to:
Office of Graduate Studies
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501-3199
800.426.8101 or 434.544.8383