Applications are now closed as the fourth cohort began classes in May 2017. The next cohort will begin in May 2019 and details will be posted here when the application window opens.
To apply, submit the following:
- An online or paper application.
- A non-refundable $30 application fee.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- A 300-500 word essay focused on career goals and emphasizing prior leadership opportunities and experiences.
- Successful completion of a prior master’s degree.
A professional postgraduate degree will be considered based on relevance to the leadership studies program.
- Official transcripts from your bachelor’s degree and master’s degree as well as any other relevant graduate coursework.
- Successful completion of a graduate research course within the prior master’s degree (or taken subsequently).
- One letter of recommendation from an individual in a leadership position representing the your current employer, which indicates support for the your participation in the program and verifies capacity for successful future leadership.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who are familiar with your academic performance and/or work experience.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores.
GRE waived with two years of leadership experience or prior doctoral degree. Scores already on file at Lynchburg College are acceptable as are official copies of the scores submitted by applicants. If you do not have access to your official scores, you will need to retake the test.
- Evidence of strong writing skills as reflected in scores on the GRE writing sub-test and/or in selected samples of writing from previous graduate programs (e.g., major term paper, master’s thesis), published work, and/or examples of professional work products related to job responsibilities.
For admitted cohort students, a $300 program deposit is required and will be applied to the first semester’s tuition.
Please submit the application and required components to:
Office of Graduate Studies
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501-3199
800.426.8101 or 434.544.8383