Hopwood Hall

Erected in 1909 and named in honor of Lynchburg College's founding president Josephus Hopwood (1903-1911), Hopwood Hall is the oldest classroom building on campus. Its front steps are a popular gathering place for students, and Commencement ceremonies are held in May on the lawn facing the building. Along with Snidow Chapel, Hopwood Hall is represented on the College seal, signifying the College's commitment to faith and reason.

In addition to classrooms and a 200-seat auditorium, Hopwood Hall is also home to computer labs, study labs, and The Wilmer Writing Center.

37° 23' 53.2284" N, 79° 10' 57.7416" W