Lynchburg College in Virginia is accepting applications for an Athletic Trainer to begin August 1, 2018. This is a full-time, 10 month position with benefits. The successful candidate will be a member of a staff that is responsible for providing high quality sports medicine services to 21 intercollegiate teams and approximately 450 competitive student-athletes.
Duties will include the prevention, evaluation, and management of athletic injuries and illnesses; short-term and long-term rehabilitation of athletic injuries; education and counseling of student-athletes; and assisting with athletics-related health care administration in collaboration with the Director of Athletic Training, Staff Athletic Trainers, Team Physicians and other medical professionals. The successful candidate must also have a desire to mentor, supervise, and educate undergraduate and master’s level athletic training students as a Preceptor within the Athletic Training Program.
It is preferred that candidates have collegiate experience and an understanding of the NCAA Division III athletic philosophy. Specific team assignments will be based on the interests and fit of the successful candidate. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience.
Lynchburg College is a highly successful NCAA Division III institution and charter member of the Old Dominion Athletic Conference. Lynchburg College is a private co-educational liberal arts institution.
- Master’s degree in athletic training or related field
- Current NATABOC certification
- Licensed athletic trainer (or eligible for licensure) in the state of Virginia
- One year of athletic training experience
- Ability to work effectively and independently with students, staff, and faculty
- Strong writing, communication, administrative, and organizational skills
- Two years of athletic training experience
- Collegiate athletic training experience
- Evidence of additional certifications or skills such as First Aid/CPR instructor, CES/PES, FMS, etc.
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check.
Submit letter of application, current resume and a list of 3-5 professional references to:
Director of Athletic Training Services
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
Application review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Lynchburg College is an equal opportunity employer.
Lynchburg College is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Lynchburg College strives for a diverse and inclusive community; under-represented groups are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working with a multicultural and diverse student body.