United Nations Simulation
International Relations majors have the option of participating in the National Model United Nations.
Each year, approximately 20 students travel to New York City to participate in the world's largest inter-collegiate Model United Nations Simulation.
In what is truly an international experience LC students meet, network, and negotiate with over 2,500 students from around the globe.
The conference gives students a unique change to put their knowledge to the test against students from other schools.
In 2011, LC students won the Distinguished Delegation Award.
Throughout the 4-day conference:
- Students develop their public speaking skills
- Debate issues of international importance
- Engage in consensus-building activities
- Develop their networking skills
Highlights of the trip include:
- A briefing at the United Nations General Assembly
- A meeting with ambassador-rank diplomats of their assigned countries
- The chance to spend 5 days in New York City
Students prepare for the conference by spending nearly a semester studying the foreign policy of a single nation-state.
In recent years, Lynchburg College has represented: