Honors colloquia are interdisciplinary courses taught by a select group of Lynchburg College faculty.
Designed expressly for students in the Westover Honors Program, the colloquia explore fundamental social, philosophical, artistic, and scientific issues.
Recent colloquia include:
- From Mohawks to Faux Hawks: The McDonaldization of the Music of Cultural Resistance
- Does Beauty Matter?
- Feed Me: The Ecology and Economics of Modern Agriculture in the United States
- Sport in Contemporary American Culture
- Couscous & Paella (with Study Abroad in Spain and Morocco)
- Bring Back the Beat: Exploring Race, Class, and Gender in Country and Rap Music
- The Elephant in the Living Room: The Political and Cultural Impact of TV
- The Literature and Rhetoric of Rebellion
- Broadway Bound (with a trip to New York City)