Start the holidays off right by making sure everything in your room is in order before you leave.
For your safety and security, your room/house will be checked by the Residence Life staff and Security during break.
|Winter Break 2015 Dates|
|Dec. 5||Residence Life 24-hour quiet hours begin at 7 p.m.|
|Dec. 7||Last day for residential students to apply to stay late or arrive early for winter break
(MyLC, residential tab, arrival form)
|Dec. 12||College housing closes for winter break at 9:30 p.m. (Must register to stay later than 9:30 p.m.)|
|Dec. 13||College housing closes (All students must depart by 10 a.m.)|
|Dec. 13-Jan. 15||College housing closed|
|Jan. 3||College housing opens at 10 a.m. for students participating in J-Term|
|Jan. 16||College housing opens at 10 a.m. for spring semester|
- You must leave within 24 hours after your last exam.
- Quiet hours will be strictly enforced. Violations can result in judicial action, fines, and/or evictions.
- If you need to stay late, you must complete the late stay form on MyLC. (Once you log in, click the “residential” link on the left, then the “Arrival form” tab.)
If you are not returning to LC for the spring semester, you must schedule a time with your RA to check out. Contact Residence Life at ext. 8320 to schedule a time. (Please do so at least 48 hours in advance of your departure.) All of your belongings must be moved out of your room prior to departing LC.
Winter Break Checklist
Failure to complete the tasks listed below can result in fines, so be sure to:
- Empty your trash (there’s a $50 fine if you don’t!)
- Clean out your refrigerator; be sure to throw out any perishable items
- Turn out all lights and unplug all other electrical items (TVs, VCRs, stereos, computers, power strips, etc.)
- You may leave aquariums plugged in, but be sure to give your fish a long-term feeder
- Take down all Christmas decorations (i.e. lights, trees, etc), including those on the door
- Close and lock your windows and close the blinds
- Turn your thermostat to low in a residence hall; 65 degrees in a house prior to leaving