A lot of high school students have been finding big, red envelopes in their mailboxes bearing good news from Lynchburg College.
The new admissions acceptance letter envelopes assure the students, “You’re in!” and remind them that “It’s a great day to be a Hornet.”
“Lynchburg College has enjoyed reviewing so many applications from highly qualified students around the country,” said Rita Detwiler, vice president for enrollment management. “It is thrilling to hear about their excitement when they get their red envelopes and find out they are admitted to LC.”
Students are encouraged to share photos of themselves with their admission letters and envelopes with the hashtag #redlettergetter on Twitter and Instagram.
Here are some next steps that the admissions office recommends for newly-accepted students:
- Join the Class of 2021 Facebook group to meet other students who are considering coming to LC.
- Save the date for one of LC’s admitted student open house events on February 13, March 19, or April 9. Official invitations will arrive in January. Students who meet criteria for the scholarship competitions will receive invitations in February.
- Plan a personal visit to LC if the open house dates do not fit your schedule. Nothing compares to seeing campus and meeting the people at LC in person.
- Pay your deposit once you have decided to attend LC. The reservation deposit can be paid online or can be mailed along with the printed reservation deposit form.
- Get started on the Freshman Checklist, including forms for housing, course preference, and health.
- (There are also checklists available for transfer students and adult/second degree students.)
Many soon-to-be Hornets have visited campus already. In fact, the college held its largest ever scholarship competition for admitted students on November 13. “These students stood out as fantastic scholars and leaders,” said Detwiler. “We are certain that the new Lynchburg College students who arrive in the fall of 2017 will make us proud in many ways.”