Request for Tutoring for Online Courses
For use with online courses only.
To make an appointment, contact the Wilmer Writing Center’s online tutor at WritingCenterGA@lynchburg.edu 72 hours before the day you would like to have a real-time conference.
You must provide at least two possible times (on the day you wish to conference) that you are available to speak either by phone or Skype.
At least 24 hours prior to your tutoring appointment, send the following:
- Your assignment's instructions
- Your assignment
- Answers to the following questions:
- Your name
- Which course does this assignment belong to?
- What is the title of the assignment? What is the required citation format (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.)?
- Explain your approach or background thinking about this assignment. What are you trying to accomplish in this piece of writing?
- What are your strengths in this assignment? What do you believe that you have done well?
- What are you concerned about? What sections of your paper still need more work?
- Is there anything specific that you would like the tutor to comment on?
This will enable him/her to review your paper prior to the appointment.
The graduate assistant will provide a phone number and/or Skype handle.