The University of Lynchburg Scholarship Days recognize the achievements of incoming students who excel in the University of Lynchburg traditions of scholarship, leadership, and community service.
You must be a traditional-age, incoming freshman*, admitted to the University and complete the Scholarship Day application in order to be considered for attendance. The Scholarship Days event is by invitation only.
*only eligible US Citizens, permanent residents and eligible non-citizens qualify.
Sigler Academic Scholarship Day
$5,000, $3,000, and $2,000 awards
Recognizes students for outstanding academic experience, leadership, and community service.
Eccles Leadership and Service Scholarship Day
$3,000, $2,000, and $1,000 awards
Recognizes students for significant contributions to their communities through leadership and service.
To apply to be considered for the fall Scholarship Days, you will need to fill out the Scholarship Days application by October 15.
Scholarship Days Details
- Once invited to compete, you must RSVP by the deadline listed on your Scholarship Days invitation. Scholarship Days invitations will be sent via email to the address listed on the application.
- You must participate in the on-campus Scholarship Day (no exceptions).
- The event will include an interview with a faculty member and a timed, hand-written essay.
- Scholarship Days are scheduled for both the fall and spring.
- Scholarship award notifications will be mailed within three weeks of the event.
Questions? Contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 434.544.8300 or .