The University of Lynchburg Scholarship Competitions recognize the achievements of incoming students who excel in the University of Lynchburg traditions of scholarship, leadership, and community service.
You must be a traditional-age, incoming freshman, admitted to the University and complete the competition application in order to be considered for the competitions. The competition is by invitation only.
Sigler Academic Scholarship Competition
$5,000, $3,000, and $2,000 awards
Recognizes students for outstanding academic experience, leadership, and community service.
Eccles Leadership and Service Scholarship Competition
$3,000, $2,000, and $1,000 awards
Recognizes students for significant contributions to their communities through leadership and service.
To apply to be considered for the spring competitions, you will need to fill out the Scholarship Competition application by January 30, 2019.
- Once invited to compete, you must RSVP by the deadline listed on your competition invitation. Scholarship Competition invitations will be sent via email to the address listed on the application.
- You must participate in the on-campus competition (no exceptions).
- The competition will include an interview with a faculty member and a timed hand-written essay.
- Competition dates are scheduled for both the fall and spring.
- Scholarship award notifications will be mailed within three weeks of the competition.
Questions? Contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 434.544.8300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.