Turner Gymnasium

Built in 1969 and named in honor of John M. Turner, Class of 1929 and professor of English (1933-1972)/dean of the college (1952-72), the John M. Turner Health and Physical Education Center was renovated and expanded in 2000. The building houses a gymnasium; two-story fitness center; dance and multi-purpose studio; health and human performance laboratory; training rooms; classrooms; offices for faculty and coaches; and the Athletics Program which offers ten women's sports, nine men's sports, and two coed sports (cheerleading and equestrian).

37° 23' 52.89" N, 79° 11' 2.3712" W