Coordinator of Outdoor Leadership Programs
Student Staff Responsibilities
The Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program student facilitators train all year to offer experiential opportunities to the Lynchburg campus and community. The students are required to have a 2.5 minimum GPA and uphold Lynchburg’s standards for student leaders. In order to obtain a specialist certification in a certain activity, facilitators must complete a specific training regimen and pass a written exam for that activity.
Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program student facilitators love the outdoors – the people, animals, plants, rocks, and the relationships in and from the outdoor world. Although specific training and traditional education are important, student staff relies on experiential education and are excited to invite others to learn experientially through outdoor adventures.
- Leave No Trace Trainer Certification
- Training throughout the school year
- Lead programs with the coordinator and certified lead facilitators throughout the school year
- Facilitating ropes course programs throughout the school year
- One Advanced Medicine Course: Wilderness First Responder (WFR) or Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
- Each staff member individually works towards becoming certified in an array of areas, like Canoe; Kayaking, Stand-Up Paddle Board; Tree Climbing; Caving; Verticle Rope; Hiking; Backpacking; Campcraft
- Challenge course Facilitation: games and inititives; Low course; High course