- Sleeping bag: single night $5; additional night $2; weekend special $8; 7 days $12
- Sleeping pad: single night $2; additional night $1; weekend special $3; 7 days $4
- Backpack: single night $7; additional night $2; weekend special $9; 7 days $14
- Cook Set (pot, pan, lid, flexible spatula, pot gripper): single night $2; additional night $1; weekend special $3; 7 days $6
- Tent: single night $8; additional night $2; weekend special $10; 7 days $16
- Head lamp: single night $4; additional night $1; weekend special $9; 7 days $15
Note: Prices above are applicable to the University of Lynchburg community; prices vary for outside groups.
Rental Procedure and Policy
To reserve equipment, please contact us 7 days in advance. Reservations are not complete until you have a confirming email and have paid in full.
All equipment must be returned the next day or by 9 a.m. the day after the rental period ends. An additional week charge will be incurred on late returns. Full replacement will be charged if returned later than one week from the end of the rental.
Reserve equipment by contacting or 434.544.8224 Rentals are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Any cancellation due to weather may be refunded; however, the conditions are subject to discussion Outdoor Leadership Program staff.
Persons renting equipment may pay by cash, check made out to University of Lynchburg, or charge to their campus account. Payment is due in full upon receipt of the rental equipment.
- University of Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program expects that all gear will be returned in the same condition as it was when rented. Any damaged equipment must be replaced at full retail cost of the replacement.
- Cooking equipment must be thoroughly cleaned before being returned to University of Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program. Tents should be shaken out to remove dirt, grass, other debris, and air-dried. If equipment is not cleaned before return, a minimum $50 charge will be assessed.
- Gear will be lent out at a designated time. If the gear has not already been paid for in full, payment should be completed at this time. All gear should be returned at the designated time. (See rental procedure above.)
- LC Outdoor Leadership Program reserves the right to request a member of the group set up tents or demonstrate use of equipment prior to rental, so that any questions regarding the operation of the equipment may be answered.
- Users must provide their own batteries for head lamp rentals.
- LC Outdoor Leadership Program is not responsible for keeping the participants safe while using University of Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program gear. Any incident that occurs on the trip or program is the responsibility of the individuals on the trip program. If an incident occurs involving University of Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program gear, neither University of Lynchburg nor University of Lynchburg Outdoor Leadership Program is liable.