The Launching from Lynchburg initiative provides programs and services that prepare and position recent graduates from the University of Lynchburg to realize their goals for employment and graduate school.
Examples of the programs and services we offer include:
To Prepare—Maximize Your Opportunities at Lynchburg
- College-to-Career Courses, credit-bearing classes that help students learn skills needed to engage in a successful job search process
- College-to-Career Workshop Series, covering topics from resumes, internships, networking, mock interviews, to professional etiquette and more
To Position—Gain the Competitive Edge
- Hire-a-Hornet, offering professional development by connecting students with alumni who influence hiring decisions within their organizations
- Hornet-2-Hornet, student-alumni networking events, introducing students to alumni who can aid their career access and knowledge
- HornetLink, a comprehensive, online career management system designed to give students direct access to quality internships and jobs
- Lynchburg in DC, a partnership with organizations in the Washington, DC area including the Washington Center
I have been most impressed with the quality and ambition of the many LC students and recent graduates I have met at the H-2-H networking events. It is personally very gratifying to help these younger LC alumni get to the next step in their post-college lives.
Bryce C. Legg ‘81 President, LC Alumni Association
I walked out of the event with greater confidence and awareness of what I need to do now to plan for after I graduate from LC.
Danny Sweeney, ‘14 Psychology Major