Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
What do these six words have in common?
Resident Assistants (RAs) are trained peer leaders who foster student social and academic growth within their individual community. RAs help build this inclusive and welcoming community through hosting programs, developing interpersonal relationships, serving as a familiar first resource, and much more.
Resident Assistants will:
- Maintain a positive and welcoming attitude
- Develop and host educational and social programs for students
- Work within a dynamic team to create safe and inclusive communities
- Mediate residential disputes
- Serve in a duty rotation to address crisis situations and enforce campus policy violations
- Facilitate dialogue with students
- Create new campus initiatives
- Provide campus resources to students in need