Due to the change in the fall 2020 academic calendar, undergraduate student housing will close starting at 9:30pm on Tuesday, November 24, 2020. Students are expected to depart 24-hours after their last final exam or by 9:30pm on Tuesday, November 24, 2020.
For exam purposes, 24-hour quiet hours will begin at 7:00pm on Tuesday, November 17, 2020.
Each residential location will be inspected and checked by the Office of Housing and Residence Life on Wednesday, November 25, 2020. Campus Safety & Security will be on campus, conducting rounds, and periodic safety checks throughout the break period.
Students are not able to remain on campus during this break period. Students looking to remain on campus after 10:00am on Wednesday, November 25, 2020 must complete an application through their housing portal:
- Students who need a short term late stay (past 10am on Nov 25 – 5pm on Nov 27) can complete a Short Term Late Stay application through the Housing Portal (THD) – $35/daily rate, not to exceed $70 total.
- Students who need a long term stay, at any point from Nov 25 – January 22, can complete a Long Term Late Stay application. These applications will be reviewed by a committee. There will be a rate of $70/week for these students. Applications will be vetted and only students with extenuating circumstances will be approved to remain on campus.
- The application deadline is November 20!
- Meal plans will not be offered. Dining options will not be available on campus, unless otherwise communicated.
|December||7||Last Day of Classes|
|J Term 2018-19|
|December 17 – January 18||January Term (optional)|
|January||18||January Degree Granted Date|
|Spring Semester 2019|
|January||21||First Day of Classes|
|Winter Break 2017 Dates|
|Dec. 10||Residence Life 24-hour quiet hours begin at 7 p.m.|
|Dec. 11||Last day for residential students to apply to stay late or arrive early for winter break
(MyLC, residential tab, arrival form)
|Dec. 16||College housing closes for undergraduate students for Winter Break at 9:30 p.m. (Residents must be pre-approved to stay later than 9:30 p.m.)|
|Dec. 17||College housing closes (All students must depart by 10 a.m.)|
|Dec. 17-Jan. 12||College housing closed (for all students not participating in J-Term)|
|Dec.23||College housing closes at 10am for students participating in J-Term (residential courses)|
|Dec. 31||College housing opens at 10 a.m. for students participating in J-Term (residential courses)|
|Jan. 13||College housing opens at 10 a.m. for spring semester|
- Residential Students must leave within 24 hours after your last exam or by 9:30pm on December 11, 2017 (whichever is sooner).
- Quiet hours will be strictly enforced. Violations can result in judicial action, fines, and/or evictions.
- If you need to stay on campus the night of December 11, 2017, you must complete the late stay form on MyLynchburg. by the deadline. (Once you log in, click the “residential” link on the left, then the “Arrival form” tab.)
- College Housing will close for all undergraduate students onDecember 12, 2017. Students that are pre-approved to remain on campus and/or arrive prior to 10 am on January 13, 2018 will be assessed a daily rate, to be applied to your student account. Please note that pre-approvals are only made under certain circumstances.
If you are not returning to the University of Lynchburg for the spring semester, you must remove all items from your room/residence prior to departing. Turn your key(s) into Campus Safety & Security upon vacating your residence. Failure to turn in keys upon departure will result in a $150 charge, per key.
Undergraduate student housing will reopen at 10:00am on Friday, January 22, 2021. Students will be asked to sign up for a specific day to return to campus, and will be required to complete a health verification prior to arriving to campus. Students will receive more information regarding this process. Additionally, more information is to come regarding students needing to arrive earlier than January 22, 2021.
Thanksgiving Break/Winter Break Checklist
Failure to complete the tasks listed below can result in fines, so be sure to:
- Empty your trash can (failure to do so will result in a $50 charge)
- Clean out your refrigerator and throw out any perishable items
- Unplug all appliances except refrigerator and aquarium
- Close and lock your windows and put your blinds down
- Turn off your lights
- Close and lock your door