Start the holidays off right by making sure everything in your room is in order before you leave.
For your safety and security, your room/house will be checked by the Housing and Residence Life staff and Security during break.
Last day of classes: December 7, 2018
- 24-Hour Quiet Hours Begin on December 7, 2018
Exams: December 10-15, 2018
- Students are expected to depart 24-hours after their last final exam or by 9:30PM on Saturday, December 15, 2018 (whichever comes sooner)
- Housing Closes at 9:30 p.m. on Saturday, December 15, 2018
- Housing Opens at 10 a.m. on Saturday, January 19, 2019
J Term: December 17, 2018 – January 18, 2019
- Housing for students participating in campus-based January Term courses will close at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, December 18, 2018. Housing for those students will then re-open at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, January 2, 2019. Students residing on campus for J Term are responsible for the additional J Term housing fees.
First day of Spring 2019 Semester: January 21, 2019
|December||7||Last Day of Classes|
|J Term 2018-19|
|December 17 – January 18||January Term (optional)|
|January||18||January Degree Granted Date|
|Spring Semester 2019|
|January||21||First Day of Classes|
|Winter Break 2017 Dates|
|Dec. 10||Residence Life 24-hour quiet hours begin at 7 p.m.|
|Dec. 11||Last day for residential students to apply to stay late or arrive early for winter break
(MyLC, residential tab, arrival form)
|Dec. 16||College housing closes for undergraduate students for Winter Break at 9:30 p.m. (Residents must be pre-approved to stay later than 9:30 p.m.)|
|Dec. 17||College housing closes (All students must depart by 10 a.m.)|
|Dec. 17-Jan. 12||College housing closed (for all students not participating in J-Term)|
|Dec.23||College housing closes at 10am for students participating in J-Term (residential courses)|
|Dec. 31||College housing opens at 10 a.m. for students participating in J-Term (residential courses)|
|Jan. 13||College housing opens at 10 a.m. for spring semester|
- Residential Students must leave within 24 hours after your last exam or by 9:30pm on December 11, 2017 (whichever is sooner).
- Quiet hours will be strictly enforced. Violations can result in judicial action, fines, and/or evictions.
- If you need to stay on campus the night of December 11, 2017, you must complete the late stay form on MyLynchburg. by the deadline. (Once you log in, click the “residential” link on the left, then the “Arrival form” tab.)
- College Housing will close for all undergraduate students onDecember 12, 2017. Students that are pre-approved to remain on campus and/or arrive prior to 10 am on January 13, 2018 will be assessed a daily rate, to be applied to your student account. Please note that pre-approvals are only made under certain circumstances.
If you are not returning to the University of Lynchburg for the spring semester, you must schedule a time with your RA to check out. All of your belongings must be moved out of your room prior to departing. Be sure to turn your key(s) into Campus Safety & Security upon vacating your residence.
Winter Break Checklist
Failure to complete the tasks listed below can result in fines, so be sure to:
- Empty your trash (there’s a $50 fine if you don’t!)
- Clean out your refrigerator; be sure to throw out any perishable items
- Turn out all lights and unplug all other electrical items (TVs, VCRs, stereos, computers, power strips, etc.)
- You may leave aquariums plugged in, but be sure to give your fish a long-term feeder
- Take down all holiday decorations (i.e. lights, trees, etc), including those on the door
- Close and lock your windows and close the blinds
- Turn your thermostat to low in a residence hall; 65 degrees in a house prior to leaving