Academic CalendarFor exam purposes, 24-hour quiet hours will begin at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022.
Undergraduate residential facilities:
- Close at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022. Students are expected to leave 24 hours after their last final exam or by 10 a.m. on Dec. 14, 2022, whichever comes first.
- Open at 10 a.m. on Jan. 20, 2023. For students who need to arrive on campus earlier than Jan. 22, more information will be provided at a later date.
Students may not remain on campus during winter break without prior authorization.
Applying to Stay on Campus
Students who need to remain on campus after Dec. 14 must complete a late-stay application through their Housing Portal:
- Short-term late stay: Students who need to stay past 9:30 p.m. on Dec. 14 through 5 p.m. on Dec. 16 must complete a short-term late-stay application. A $35-per-day fee will be charged to the student’s account.
- Long-term late stay: Students who need to stay between Dec. 15 and Jan. 19 must complete a long-term late-stay application. Applications will be carefully reviewed by a committee, and only students with extenuating circumstances will be approved to remain on campus. A $70-per-week fee will be charged to the student’s account.
- The short-term and long-term late stay applications will be available for completion Nov. 28-Dec. 11, 2022.
Meal plans are not offered during winter break. Dining options will not be available on campus unless otherwise communicated.
Winter Break Checklist
Before leaving for winter break, please do the following:
- Unplug all appliances, except for aquariums (please use long-term feeders).
- All refrigerators, regardless of size, must be emptied, unplugged, and left open.
- Dispose of any perishable items.
- Empty all trash cans.
- Ensure residence is generally clean.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull blinds down and close them.
- Turn HVAC/thermostat on low, cool (keep fans running).
- Turn off lights.
- Close and lock all doors.
- Note: Failure to complete all of the above will result in fines and possible sanctions.
Residential locations will be inspected by the Office of Housing and Residence Life. The Office of Campus Safety and Security will be conducting rounds and periodic safety checks throughout the break period.
If you are not returning to the University of Lynchburg for the spring semester, you must remove all items from your room/residence before departing. Turn your key(s) in to the Office of Campus Safety and Security upon vacating your residence. Failure to turn in keys will result in a $150 charge, per key.