The Counseling Center has highly qualified Licensed Mental Health Therapists available to assist students with a variety of issues. The Counseling Center provides counseling and education to help you feel your best and relate to others in a healthy way. We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about any source of concern.
We also keep a lending library of books and DVDs that you can check out at no cost.
Check out this video for FREE Access to a completely private online self-help program for stress, anxiety, and depression- anytime, anywhere!
Reasons Students visit the Counseling Center
- Trouble adjusting to college
- Problems in relationships
- Dealing with stress
- Feeling depressed, lonely, isolated, anxious, or angry
- Sexuality and sexual orientation
- Alcohol and/or other drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Relationship Issues
- Past or present pregnancy
- Past or present abuse
- Concern over another student
What Students Say About Us
- “I think the Counseling Center is absolutely superb!”
- “Helped in a matter of months with problems I have had for years.”
- “It has made a tremendous difference in my life!”
- “Welcoming, friendly, and eager to help.”
- “Completely helped the problem I was having.”
- “All students would greatly benefit.”
Services of the Counseling Center are confidential within the parameters of the law of the state of Virginia. Information can only be released with the student’s signed permission, unless the student expresses intent to harm him/herself or others; the proper authorities will be notified in such situations.