The Lynchburg College Account is an optional credit or debit account for use on campus.
The College Account can be used in the following areas:
- Campus Store, including textbooks
- Westover Room
- Brewed Awakenings
- Domino’s at Stinger’s
- Campus post office
- Hornet Shop
- Dining hall
Open an account online by completing the account application – we’ll get your account set up within two business days.
You can make payments or deposits to the College Account (or for reservation deposits or tuition payments) online at www.lynchburg.edu/payments.
A monthly billing statement will be sent to the billing address indicated on the account application.
If you have any questions about your account, please contact Jill Farley in the Campus Store at 434.544.8242.
Advantages of the College Account
- Once open, the College Account is the account is tied to the College I.D. card so students do not need to carry cash or a debit card with them on campus.
- Spending can be limited to on-campus purchases, and purchase history can be tracked.
Debit or Credit?
The account type you choose is up to you. However, consider the special situations below:
- If you want to limit your (student’s) spending, select a debit account. You may deposit money into this account at any time.
- Deposits can be made online at www.lynchburg.edu/payments (select College Account payment).
- You may also call by phone to use a credit card by calling the College’s cashier’s office at 434.544.8246. Deposits post at midnight if called in before 3 p.m. or done online before 9 a.m. during a weekday.
Using Financial Aid to Pay for Course Materials
- If you want to use financial aid to pay for course materials, and you cannot wait to be reimbursed for purchasing your textbooks, you will need to set up a college account and designate it as a charge account.
- Once your financial aid arrives at the College, all financial obligations will be paid prior to a refund check being issued. Your College Charge Account will be charged a finance charge each month it remains past due (18% APR) while waiting for the financial aid to arrive.
- Once the financial aid has paid the account, do not use the account until next semester. Students who charge on the account after their financial aid has paid the account must pay the balance monthly. A past due account will not be taken off hold regardless of future financial aid expected.