Refunds for course materials purchased from the Campus Store per terms below are permitted until the 3 week drop add period for fall and spring semesters and only during the first week the class meets for winter and summer terms. Refunds for withdrawals must occur within the first 3 week drop/add period.
- You must drop a class to receive refund/exchange.
- You must have your Campus Store sales receipt or have purchased thru MyLynchburg.
- New books must be in new, unmarked condition. Access codes must be unused.
- No refunds on textbooks or software if shrink-wrap has been removed.
- No refunds on optional purchase (recommended) textbook (note shelf tag).
Rental Book Refunds
- Rental books are subject to the same deadlines and policies as purchased materials.
- Rental books must be returned to the Campus Store before or during the term’s exam period or the new book price will be charged as the replacement cost.
- Do not sell your rental books for cash at the end of the term, you will be charged the new book replacement cost.
Selling Your Books at Buyback
- The Campus Store will pay you more for your book during the exam periods at the end of spring and fall semesters.
- Don’t sell back the book until you are sure it is not needed for a class next semester.
- You can expect 1/4 of the current cost of the book when selling to a used book wholesaler if there is national demand for the book.
- You will be offered half of the new price of the book if it has been adopted for next semester, and if the Campus Store needs more copies of the book.
- You may be offered less or nothing if there is a new or more recent edition of the book, or if the book is no longer in demand.
- You don’t have to sell your book if you value it more than the money that’s offered; just say you would rather keep it.
Course Material Information Disclaimer
The University of Lynchburg Campus Store will not make exchanges, refunds, or any compensation for books mistakenly purchased from any other source utilizing the information provided online. This information is correct as we know it at the time it is posted. Changes, modifications and additions to course number, section, ISBN or price may be made online at any time up to and including the first few weeks of the session. Prices on MyLynchburg orders may be updated at anytime and without notice. The information (ISBN numbers and required status) provided online is not meant as a guarantee for purchases made other than at the Campus Store.