What do I need to know?
Your MyLynchburg textbook order will be charged to a Hornet Account and the bill will be sent to the address you put on the order. You may pay this account or have others pay it online at www.lynchburg.edu/payments and select Hornet Account. (If you have someone paying this for you, they will need your birth date and last 4 digits of your social security number).
If Financial aid is available to pay the bill, wait until mid-September to pay the remaining balance and to be sure all available funds have posted to your account. This expense is not included in monthly payment plans to the University (make sure parents know this).
Things to know:
- Orders are filled in the order they are received that is why it is important to order your books early to get the best selection of used books.
- Ordering online is a commitment to purchase so don’t order until you are sure what you want.
- You may order even if it is not in stock. We will fill the order once the books ship in to us.
- Rental books for fall are available (they are highlighted in yellow rentable).
- You will only be charged for what we are able to fill.
- We give used books on a first come first serve online order basis.
- Refunds are only available if you drop the class and return them before the 3 week drop date.
- You can exchange books if you change classes/sections before the 3 week drop date and books were purchased from the Campus Store.
- Textbooks are available for pick up in the campus store a few days prior to the start of class. Books are only shipped for course taught online.
- After the classes start 24 hours during a week day maybe needed to fill the order.
- Books ordered thru MyLynchburg online and not picked up are charged $10 restocking fee.
- You may always skip MyLynchburg, come to the Campus Store with the author and title you need, and pay for it in-store.
How do I order?
All textbooks are for in-store pick up only. Only textbooks for online courses will be shipped — if you are taking an online class select shipping and indicate in special instructions that you are taking an online class.
MyLynchburg orders placed before August 10 will be ready for pick up on August 17 in the Campus Store. Due to the high volume of orders received after August 10, check your account at MyLynchburg, studentsonline, Billing and Financial Aid, account details. When you see the charge post allow 4 hours for processing before picking up in the Campus Store.
How to order:
- Log on to MyLynchburg — on the left menu bar click Buy Textbooks.
- Next click the term you wish to purchase for.
- Click the books you want to purchase. The Campus Store will always give you used if it is available and give you the cheaper price unless you say you want only new books.
- In-store pick up is the only option. Books will not be shipped unless you are enrolled in an online course (indicate this under instructions or it is assumed you will pick it up).
- Indicate the address you want the bill sent to.
- You must click to agree to the account agreement policy before the order will be processed. (if you click to read it you need to fill the information in again on the order page—so read first before entering info. This is at the bottom of the page.
- All orders are charged to a Hornet Account. You can pay this with a credit card online at www.lynchburg.edu/payments. All accounts must be paid by the next semester in order to purchase textbooks for the next semester. Accounts not paid by end of September are charged a finance charge each month the balance is outstanding.
- You do not need to open a Hornet Account to charge textbooks thru MyLynchburg. However, if you want to walk into the store and charge them, you must have a Hornet Account open. (Accounts opened by application can be set up as bill home or declining balance accounts and are not restricted to textbook purchasing) Opened accounts are for in store purchasing and for other campus purchase locations for food and the post office. Visit the Campus Store website and select application to open an account — authorization cards must be sent in for dependent students.