In our commitment to campus safety, University of Lynchburg launched a new mobile safety called LiveSafe back in August. The LiveSafe app has already improved communication between students, faculty, and campus security, and allows for faster emergency response in distress situations. By having access to the latest safety information, our goal is to help build a safe campus, together.
The app allows you to:
- Send your location to campus security in an emergency.
- Report tips anonymously to campus security.
- Request a security escort
- Let’s friends or family monitor you as you walk home, so you never have to walk alone.
- Review Emergency Information and Procedures
- Receive broadcast messages
- Campus and Local Resources and Assistance
- Receive real-time safety alerts from campus security to your phone.
Please take the time and download this app today. Consider this your personal campus “Blue Light Emergency Phone.”
How You Can Help
Once you have downloaded LiveSafe, please help us spread the word to students, faculty, and staff about the benefits of downloading the LiveSafe app. Take a few moments in class to mention the app and have others download it.
How to Get the App
- Open Google Play or the Apple App Store on your phone. Search for “LiveSafe” and download the option with the blue shield.
- Tap “Sign up.” Fill in your profile information and create a password.
- University of Lynchburg may pop-up if you are close to the campus. If so, tap “Yes.” Otherwise tap “Change” to select University of Lynchburg.