Starting in May, University of Lynchburg students can purchase discounted textbooks and other course materials online, thanks to Lynchburg’s new partnership with Akademos. The online retailer has served more than 120 schools, providing easy access to low-cost textbooks in various formats.
As in the past, the new service will be accessible through my.lynchburg.edu. However, textbook orders will no longer be routed through the Campus Store. Akademos will host the textbook website and fulfill orders, and students will be able to contact Akademos’ Student Customer Experience Team for assistance.
Campus Store Manager Jill Farley is excited about the move. “Our new partnership gives faculty the tools they need to make affordable course material selections, and it gives students more affordable purchase options, especially our students with financial aid,” she said. “Their financial aid dollars will go farther.”
Ordering through the new website will be a quick and efficient process for students, Farley added. Because Akademos integrates with Lynchburg’s website, students will be able to log in and see all their registered courses and required course materials on one page.
Other benefits for students include:
- access to a wide variety of low-cost textbook formats including new, used, eBooks, and rentals;
- the ability to use financial aid and scholarship funds for orders;
- a marketplace where students can save an average of 60% off list price;
- access to year-round online buyback through the textbook website;
- free shipping on select orders over $49; and
- 24/7 customer service at the beginning of every major term.
The move to Akademos will also make it easier for faculty to select and adopt course materials for their classes. Faculty can:
- see only the courses they are assigned to teach through their portal;
- search for textbooks by ISBN or book title;
- use the course-pack creator for low-cost print options;
- view previous course and departmental history, plus other textbook recommendations;
- review book details prior to adoption;
- add ancillary materials, course notes, and files for students to see; and
- view real-time pricing and availability of materials.
For more information about Akademos, email Farley at email@example.com.