Master of Arts in History
As a MA in history candidate, you will focus on the Atlantic World and explore the interrelatedness of US, European, African, African American, and Latin American histories.
This unique program of study specifically benefits teachers, individuals seeking to update content areas for K-12 or community college classes, and those planning to pursue a PhD in history.
Our 36-hour program includes:
- Comprehensive content area knowledge for the teaching of US, world, and European history and geography at the middle/secondary/college level
- Options for specialization in areas of particular interest
- Master's thesis or comprehensive exam
- Hands-on learning, internship, and research opportunities through Lynchburg College's partnership with Historic Sandusky
- Research opportunities
- Internship opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
Classes are held in the late afternoon and evening, and during the summer terms.
Dr. Nichole Sanders