RefWorks is a web-based bibliography and citation management tool that will assist you in compiling your own database of citations. You can import citations directly from many of the Knight-Capron Library e-resources into RefWorks. You can also manually enter citations into your databse. Using the Write-N-Cite plug-in you will be able to put those citations directly into your paper in a wide variety of styles, including APA, MLA, Turabian, and many others.
To use RefWorks:
- Create an account using the text box to the left.
- Keep the confirming e-mail you receive. It will have the Group Number that you will need if you want to use RefWorks from off-campus.
To import citations:
- Log-in to RefWorks first. (Remember, this is a web-based program; it is not installed directly on your computer.)
- Search for citations in the appropriate e-resource.
- Select your citations
- Look for a function called "export"
- If you find an export link, then choose RefWorks. Your selected citations will be imported directly into your RefWorks account.
- If you do not find an export feature, then open Refworks, select References from the pull-down menu, and choose Add New Reference. Fill in the form provided.
That should get you started. Consult the Help section in RefWorks for more detailed instructions.