Assistant/Associate Professor - DPT - Research
Lynchburg College seeks a dynamic faculty member to join our team of 11 faculty devoted to student-centered instruction in our new DPT program. The DPT curriculum features an innovative hybrid model of instruction, and prepares physical therapists to become leaders in their personal and professional lives. The appointment is a tenure track, full-time (12 month) position with teaching in area of expertise. The position’s start date is flexible and will begin as soon as a candidate is hired. Applicants with an established research agenda and extramural funding are especially encouraged to apply. Additional opportunities include practice/management of an onsite free clinic and possible involvement in planned post-professional residency and fellowship programs.
Program information may be found at www.lynchburg.edu/dpt.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or related discipline. Persons nearing completion of terminal degree (ABD Status) will be considered.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- At least 3 years clinical practice in physical therapy
- Experience in higher education instruction
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct collaborative research
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
- Successfully pass a background check
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
- Active scholarly agenda that contributes to teaching and/or practice
- Extramural funding
- ABPTS certification in field of specialty
- Prior teaching experiences in a physical therapist academic program
Lynchburg College offers a competitive salary with generous benefits package, relocation reimbursement, a promotion and tenure system that is compatible with the clinician/teacher model, a partnership for the DPT program with a regional health care system that provides a variety of clinical opportunities, and opportunity to maintain clinical practice skills for faculty members. The new DPT facility of 37,000 sq. ft. features an approximate 3,000 sq.ft. devoted exclusively to physical therapy research. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience. Candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Interested candidates should send the following 1) a letter of application, 2) a current CV, 3) official graduate transcripts, and 4) telephone and email contact information for three references to:
W. Allen Moore, PT, PhD
Chair, Search Committee
300 Monticello Ave., Suite A
Lynchburg, VA 24501