Assistant/Associate Professor - DPT
Lynchburg College is seeking a dynamic faculty member for a full-time (12 month), tenure-track position with teaching in their area of expertise. The position’s start date is flexible and will begin as soon as a candidate is hired. The position could be clinical or tenure track depending upon faculty experience and education. Applicants with an established research agenda and extramural funding are especially encouraged to apply. Additionally, applicants with ABPTS Specialty Certification are encouraged to apply. Opportunities include participating in the development and implementation of a planned post-professional residency and fellowship program. Clinical practice is encouraged and opportunities exist within the onsite free clinic. Program information may be found at www.lynchburg.edu/dpt.
The Doctor of Physical therapy program is housed in Lynchburg College’s Health Sciences Building with more than 37,000 square feet dedicated to physical therapy instruction and research. The DPT curriculum features an innovative hybrid model of instruction, and prepares physical therapists to become leaders in their personal and professional lives.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- A minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed physical therapist
- Experience in higher education instruction
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
- Active scholarly agenda that contributes to teaching and/or practice
- ABPTS certification in field of specialty
- Prior teaching experiences in a physical therapist academic program
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct collaborative research
- Extramural funding
- Earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or other discipline. Candidates nearing completion of terminal degree (ABD status) will be considered.
Lynchburg College offers a competitive salary with generous benefits package, a promotion and tenure system that is compatible with the clinician/teacher model, a partnership for the DPT program with a regional health care system that provides a variety of clinical opportunities, and opportunity to maintain clinical practice skills for faculty members. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience. Candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Interested candidates should send the following 1) a letter of application, 2) a current CV, 3) official graduate transcripts, and 4) telephone and email contact information for three references to: W. Allen Moore, PT, PhD , Chair, Physical Therapy Search Committee, Lynchburg College, School of Graduate Studies, 300 Monticello Ave.; Suite A, Lynchburg, VA 24501, firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE