Assistant Professor - DPT
Lynchburg College is seeking a dynamic faculty member for a full-time (12 month), tenure-track position with teaching in area of expertise. The position’s start date is flexible and will begin as soon as a candidate is hired. Applicants with an established research agenda and extramural funding are especially encouraged to apply. Program Information may be found at http://www.lynchburg.edu/dpt.
Doctor of Physical therapy program is housed in Lynchburg College’s Health Sciences Building with more than 37,000 square feet dedicated to physical therapy instruction and research. The DPT curriculum features an innovative hybrid model of instruction, and prepares physical therapists to become leaders in their personal and professional lives.
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Earned terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, or equivalent) in Physical Therapy or related discipline. Candidates nearing completion of terminal degree (ABD status) will be considered.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- A minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed physical therapist
- Experience in higher education instruction
- Demonstrated ability to design and conduct collaborative research
- Member of the American Physical Therapy Association
- Work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
Preferred qualifications of the candidate include:
- Active scholarly agenda that contributes to teaching and/or practice
- ABPTS certification in field of specialty
- Prior teaching experiences in a physical therapist academic program
- Extramural funding
Lynchburg College offers a competitive salary with generous benefits package, relocation reimbursement, a promotion and tenure system that is compatible with the clinician/teacher model, a partnership for the DPT program with a regional health care system that provides a variety of clinical opportunities, and opportunity to maintain clinical practice skills for faculty members. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience. Candidate must pass a background check that is satisfactory to the College.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled. Interested candidates should send the following 1) a letter of application, 2) a current CV, 3) official graduate transcripts, and 4) telephone and email contact information for three references to:
W. Allen Moore, PT, PhD
Chair, Physical Therapy Search Committee
School of Graduate Studies
300 Monticello Ave.; Suite A
Lynchburg, VA 24501