Our MEd in educational leadership is a 36-credit hour program that offers two options:
PK12 Administrative and Supervisory Focus
This multi-faceted, practical program prepares educators for administrative and supervisory positions that include the principalship at all levels and supervisor and director positions across all school division departments. Our graduates have gained all leadership positions including assistant superintendent and superintendent.
- K-12 endorsement in school administration and supervision
- Combination of in-class and practicum experiences
- Courses designed to ensure compatibility with Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium (ISLLC) standards
- Current research, trends, and issues pertaining to instructional leadership in elementary and secondary education
- Program of study integrated into staff development initiatives of regional school districts
We are proud that more than 99% of our MEd in educational leadership students have passed the School Leaders Licensure Assessment (SLLA), which is required by the state of Virginia, and that more than 50 of our recent graduates have already assumed leadership positions in schools or school divisions.
- Find out what our graduates are doing now
- Are you a proud Lynchburg alumna or alumnus? Let us know what you’re doing by completing this form. We’d love to here from you!
Dr. Roger Jones, Dean of the College of Education, Leadership Studies, and Counseling, at 434.433.8444 or email@example.com.