The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program provides you with learning opportunities in the areas of individual, family, and group counseling.
You’ll be prepared for entry-level counseling positions in:
- Community mental health agencies
- Human service organizations
- Outpatient counseling centers
- Drug and alcohol treatment programs
- Psychiatric hospitals
Our 60-hour program includes:
- Core courses for the MEd
- Additional classroom instruction specific to clinical counseling
- Practicum and internship
- Relevant on-site training in mental health settings
The Clinical Mental Health Counseling program at University of Lynchburg is accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The accreditation runs through October 31, 2019.