The Masters of Arts in Music is not accepting applications at this time.
If you are a choral or instrumental conducting professional, our intensive MA in music program will provide you with advanced, in-depth training to further develop your skills and prepare you for doctoral programs in conducting.
University of Lynchburg is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The MA in Music program is offered for 6 weeks in the summer and can be completed in 4 summers or 3 summers and one academic year.
Our 36-hour program includes:
- Emphasis on choral/instrumental conducting skills and stylistic awareness
- Practical training in conducting
- Instrumental and choral/vocal pedagogy
- Performance practices, score preparation, rehearsal techniques, applied music
- Graduate recital and comprehensive exam
The MA in Music prepares you for:
- Teaching positions in high schools and colleges
- Conducting high schools and or community choirs and orchestras
- Doctoral study in conducting