Lynchburg College currently offers selected educational programs on-site in St. Lucia. These questions and answers will be updated periodically as further information is available.
Has Lynchburg College been working in St. Lucia in the past?
The College has been involved in a number of partnership activities in St. Lucia since 2003. These have included, but are not limited, to the following: a baccalaureate program in special education, a Master’s level program in counseling, specialized courses for educational administrators, parents, teachers, and counselors, a special tuition scholarship rate for St. Lucia citizens studying in Virginia at Lynchburg College, and participation in the development of several national assessment and policy documents and procedures.
When did you begin offering the current full academic program sequences?
We had initial course offerings in May 2014.
Will there be bachelor’s-level courses offered?
Our initial focus is on opportunities for bachelor’s degree completion; that is, individuals who have already completed approximately two years of academic work such as at Sir Arthur Lewis Community College have an opportunity to complete the additional two years of study required for a Lynchburg College bachelor’s degree. We are offering a program in special education with an optional minor in elementary education. Later we will consider other options.
Are there graduate programs offered on-site?
We offer two Master’s level programs in special education and educational leadership. Other programs will be considered at a later date.
Is there a way that I can express interest in particular undergraduate or graduate programs?
Please contact Wendy Bailey, program director, with questions at 758-720-4242 or . To apply, go to https://admissions.lynchburg.edu/apply/
How will the classes be taught?
Most courses will be taught in a model of approximately one month per course: two weeks of face-to-face instruction (typically in evenings, Mondays-Thursdays 4:30 – 8:30 p.m.) preceded by and followed by a week of assignments that will be done on-line. In this fashion each individual class can be completed in about 4-5 weeks.
Where is the College campus located?
We are located in the Hasache Building on the Morne near Sir Arthur Lewis Community College. This location has three classrooms and office space; we do not plan to offer residential opportunities at this time.
What is Lynchburg College’s institutional status?
Lynchburg College is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges, the regional accrediting organization for institutions throughout the southeastern portion of the United States (and also for a number of international colleges and universities).
What are possibilities for St. Lucia students who wish to study at the Lynchburg College campus in Virginia?
- Lynchburg College offers forty baccalaureate programs (majors) and fifteen graduate programs.
- The curriculum at our Virginia campus is far more extensive than we will be able to offer at to our St. Lucia site.
- Specific information about program offerings can be obtained by going to the college website (www.Lynchburg.edu) and linking into information about undergraduate or graduate programs.
- Also at this site is extensive information about application procedures. Please make sure that you are using the correct application: the freshman application should be used if you have no prior college academic work, the transfer application if you have completed prior college work and are looking to come in midway through the baccalaureate program, or the graduate application if you are seeking a Master’s degree and have already completed the baccalaureate degree. To apply, go to https://admissions.lynchburg.edu/apply/
- St. Lucia citizens are provided with a special tuition rate for study at our Lynchburg College Virginia campus for our BA/BS, MA, MEd, MSN, and EdD programs.