Summer Nature Day Camp
For children entering grades 1-6. Camp is 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. each day.
Magic in Nature
Session 1: June 17 - 21
Session 2: June 24 - 28
Activities will be different for each session - sign up for both!
A tiny acorn astonishes us by transforming into a giant oak tree, tadpoles swimming in a pond inexplicably transform into frogs, and song birds returning from the tropics somehow know exactly where they need to go! During this week-long adventure we will investigate the many magical mysteries that happen right under our noses in the woods and fields at Claytor! Wands will be provided…
Activities for camp vary from year to year. Returning campers are encouraged to sign up.
Before May 1: $150 for one session or $250 for both sessions
After May 1: $175 for one session or $300 for both sessions
Required Forms for Registration:
- Claytor Nature Camp Registration Form (PDF)
- Health History and Parent/Guardian's Consent Agreement Form (PDF)
- Release and Covenant Not to Sue Form (PDF)
- Written Medication Consent Form
Complete the 4 forms listed above and return with your registration fee. We will send you a confirmation packet with more detailed information.
- Please inquire with Education Coordinator Dan Cohen about Financial Aid opportunities.
- No refunds will be given for days missed.
- Mailed registration forms DO NOT guarantee a space until confirmed by our staff.
- Please contact the Education Coordinator if you have questions or need help completing the forms.
Refunds will be given for written cancellations received at least 2 weeks prior to the starting date of your session. If cancellation is received less than 2 weeks prior to the starting date of your session, no refund will be given.
Week Long Camp Schedule
Below is an example of a typical day at camp:
|8:50 - 9 a.m.||Parents drop off children at the Claytor Center Picnic Pavilion (North Entrance)|
|9 a.m.||Welcome, opening circle, and overview of day|
|9:20 a.m.||Camp chores|
|9:35 a.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|10:30 a.m.||Snack break|
|10:45 a.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|11:30 a.m.||Lunch at the picnic pavilion or on the trail|
|12 p.m.||Story time|
|12:30 p.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|1:30 p.m.||Water break|
|1:45 p.m.||Hands-on nature activities, lessons, and games|
|2:30 p.m.||Closing activities and closing circle|
|3 p.m.||Camper pick-up|