A Message from Parents Council Co-Chairs
Emily Daniel and Mike and Ellen Cotton
All University of Lynchburg parents belong to the Lynchburg Parents Association. On behalf of the University of Lynchburg Parents Council, which represents the association, we welcome each of you – new, continuing, or former parents – to be involved in the activities of the University. This is an active and vibrant learning community and we encourage your participation with and support for Lynchburg.
We share many common bonds as parents of Lynchburg students, and we know all parents are interested in their student’s education. We encourage you to take a personal interest in the University by coming to campus to attend events when you are able, by visiting the University website regularly to see what is happening here on campus, and by talking with your student about their experience.
Parents Council members help the University in a number of ways by:
- Reaching out to fellow parents to encourage support of the Lynchburg Fund as well as thanking them for their support
- Serving as an ambassador for prospective parents and students in enrollment activities
- Helping with Career Services activities such as providing internships or sharing career-related information or expertise
If you are interested in helping with any of these activities, please contact Becca Hatcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or 434-544-8752.
If you are interested in connecting with other Lynchburg families please join our Hornet Families Facebook group.
Also, some of our former parents may not be receiving the University of Lynchburg Magazine. If you would like to receive it, please contact us at email@example.com.
We hope that each of you will enjoy all the opportunities that the University of Lynchburg offers, and that you will visit the campus often!
We also help to support the University through the Lynchburg Fund, which allows for one fund that supports all of Lynchburg. These gifts allow us to direct funds where the need is the greatest. We hope you will consider joining us in making a gift. Your Lynchburg Fund gift will enhance each student’s experience by providing student scholarships, faculty development, library and technology enhancements, and innovative academic and co-curricular programs and activities.
Support from Lynchburg parents makes the difference between a good education and an outstanding education for all of our students.
Parents Council Members
- Steven King and Kathy Braun, Falls Church, Va.
- Tori ’24
- Matt Rhodes and Amy Breeman-Rhodes, Lynchburg, Va.
- Marshall ’26
- Jennifer Clauss, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Margaret Stell ’25
- Mike and Ellen Cotton (Co-Chairs), Charlotte, N.C.
- Timmy ’25
- Emily Daniel (Co-Chair), Salem, Va.
- Alla ’23
- Scott and Tonya Kulka, Woodbridge, Va.
- Kyleigh ’24
- Toby and Julie Marindin, White Hall, Md.
- Ellie ’22 MA
- Henri ’23
- Jackson ’25
- Tom and Betsy Mullen, Glen Allen, Va.
- Allyson ’23
- Jeffery and Lera Straits, Middletown, Md.
- Brennan ’22
- Joe and Brooke Teefey, Amelia Court House, Va.
- Elizabeth ’23
- Grace ’23
- Eric and Denise Walters, Mechanicsville, Va.
- Addison ’24