Help spread the word about Give Day!
The Give Day 2019 Toolkit is a guide to help you encourage the Lynchburg family to support Give Day by making a gift, spreading the word, and investing in Lynchburg’s future—it’s all about participation.
We know that you’re busy and time is precious, so we ask that you take a few simple steps that will have big impact! Use this guide in all your communications to make reaching out to your Lynchburg friends and networks even easier.
- Make your gift on Give Day. Every gift matters. Make a gift in any amount to any fund, and help us reach our Give Day donor goal of 1,116. If you have already made a gift this fiscal year (runs from July 1 – June 30), we thank you! By making an additional gift on Give Day, you can help us make the day successful—your participation sets the example for others!
- Sign up to be a Give Day Advocate on GiveCampus! We have partnered with GiveCampus, a web platform that specializes in launching crowdfunding campaigns. GiveCampus allows you to sign up as an Advocate. In this role, you can create a personalized video plea, a challenge, matching gift, and see how many gifts you generate throughout the day! Visit www.givecampus.com/schools/universityoflynchburg to learn more!
- Share, Tag, Challenge! Are you on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIN? Be sure to share all things Give Day on your pages and use the hashtag #LynchburgGiveDay. Tag as many hornets as you can and challenge them to make a gift of their own. See sample messages below.
- Email or call fellow Hornets. Email your Lynchburg network and ask them to join you in making a gift. If you would like a list of your classmates, former students, or players—any Hornets you would like to encourage, please email or and we can likely provide you with contact information for these individuals!
Follow our social media accounts for all things Give Day (sample messages below)
University of Lynchburg: https://www.instagram.com/university.of.lynchburg/
Lynchburg Gives – www.instagram.com/lynchburggives
Lynchburg Alumni Association: www.instagram.com/lynchburgalumni
Social media – sample messages
“Hope you will join me on 4.18.19 to celebrate Lynchburg’s 116th year by making a gift and honoring what you love most about Lynchburg! Visit www.lynchburg.edu/giveday #LynchburgGiveDay”
“Hope you’ll join me on 4.18.19! www.lynchburg.edu/giveday #LynchburgGiveDay”
“Tomorrow is the day, let’s do this Lynchburg family #LynchburgGiveDay www.lynchburg.edu/giveday“
- Share your photos on Instagram with the hashtag #LynchburgGiveDay to spread the word about Give Day 2019.
- Consider posting a favorite photo from Lynchburg – a beautiful picture of the Dell, a fun memory with friends, or anything that shows your Hornet pride!
- Post a selfie with your #LynchburgGiveDay sign and your custom message.