Oct. 16, 2021 | Noon – 6 p.m.
In the spirit of traditional tailgating, the Lynchburg Alumni Association is offering a special event for all alumni!
Join us in the Hopwood Hall parking lot for this tradition. Bring your food, beverage of choice (no kegs or open-source containers), grills, chairs, pop-up tents, and more. You can park your car/van/truck (sorry, no recreational vehicles) in your 8.5-feet-by-15-feet parking space (a 10-by-10 tent does not fit in the parking space) or you can set up your tailgate supplies during the check-in time and park elsewhere on campus.
Each spot costs $75. Buy a spot in the lot with friends! Classes will be assigned together, so you can easily find your friends. Got a group of friends/cars that wants to be together? Let us know when you register. Parking spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis when registering and paying.
What do you get for $75?
- A tailgating spot to call your own!
- A Lynchburg “party pack” valued at $50. Each pack includes two red Lynchburg travel coffee cups with sleeves, two Lynchburg beanies (one red, one black), a Lynchburg fleece blanket with travel strap, and a canvas Lynchburg bag.
- Prizes for the top two tailgate spots with the most Lynchburg spirit and the tailgate spot with the best food.
- Bands during the day.
- Cornhole games.
- Items from the “party pack” will be on sale (limited supplies, get there early!).
- Tent with free ice, water, and coffee.
- And more!
Please refer to our Homecoming Tailgating Policy for additional information.