4th Annual Homecoming Tailgate
October 19, 2019, 12 noon – 6 p.m.
In the spirit of traditional tailgating, the Lynchburg Alumni Association is offering a special event for all alumni!
Join us in the Hopwood Hall parking lot for this tradition! Bring your food, beverage of choice (no kegs or open source containers), grills, chairs, pop-up tents, and more. You can park your car/van/truck (sorry, no RVs) in your 8.5 feet x 15 feet parking space or you can set up your tailgate supplies (tent, chairs, etc.) during the check-in time and park elsewhere on campus.
There are a limited number of parking spaces in the lot and each spot costs $75. Buy a spot in the lot with friends! Classes will be assigned together, so you can easily find your friends. Got a group of friends/cars that wants to be together? Let us know when you register. Parking spots are available on a first come, first served basis when registering and paying.
For those who purchase a tailgate spot, the check-in time is 10:30-11:30 a.m. You must check in at the Carnegie entrance during the check-in time and then the spot is yours until 6 p.m. The lot will be closed to vehicle traffic from 12 noon until 6 p.m. Tailgate foot traffic may enter through one of three entrances by Carnegie, Psychology, and Hopwood starting at 12 noon. All scheduled events within the tailgate area will require you to check in at one of our three entrances.
Please bring a valid government issued photo ID. Your valid photo ID with age verification will be scanned at check-in to enter the tailgate. Without your valid photo ID, you will not be able to enter the tailgate area.
What do you get for $75?
- A tailgating spot to call your own!
- You get a “party pack” valued at $40. Each pack includes: 2 stemless stainless steel wine glasses, 1 red/black insulated tote bag, 1 bottle opener, 2 Koozies®, 2 Lynchburg Alumni Association luggage tags, and 1 bag of popcorn
- Prizes for the top two tailgate spots that have the most Lynchburg spirit and for the tailgate spot with the best food
- Live music during the day
- Corn hole games
- Kid Zone, 12 noon – 4 p.m. Watch athletic games throughout the day
- Enjoy a photo booth, balloon artist, henna artist, and caricaturist
- Alumni Welcome Tent with free ice, water, and coffee
- Shuttles will be available to and from the reserved hotels to campus at designated times