3rd Annual Homecoming Tailgate
October 20, 2018, 12 noon – 9 p.m.
In the spirit of traditional tailgating, the Lynchburg Alumni Association is offering a special event for all alumni!
Join us in the Hopwood Hall parking lot for this new tradition! Bring your food, beverage of choice (no kegs or open source containers), grills, chairs, pop-up tents, and more. You can park your car/van/truck (sorry, no RVs) in your 8.5 feet x 15 feet parking space or you can set up your tailgate supplies (tent, chairs, etc.) during the check-in time and park elsewhere on campus.
There are 115 parking spaces in the lot and each spot costs $75. Buy a spot in the lot with friends! Classes will be assigned together, so you can easily find your friends. Got a group of friends/cars that wants to be together? Let us know when you register. Parking spots are available on a first come, first served basis when registering and paying.
What do you get for $75?
- A tailgating spot to call your own!
- You get a “party pack” valued at $50 –
Each pack includes: 1 limited edition Homecoming 2018 Tervis tumbler, 1 red/black Lynchburg tote bag, 1 red silicone wine stopper, 1 red waiter’s knife wine opener, 2 bottles of water, and 1 bag of popcorn
- Prizes for the top two tailgate spots that have the most Lynchburg spirit and for the tailgate spot with the best food
- Bands during the day
- Corn hole games
- Items from the “party pack” will be on sale (limited supplies, get there early!)
- Food trucks and vendors during the day
- Alumni Welcome Tent with free ice, water, and coffee
- Shuttles will be available to and from the reserved hotels to campus at designated times