The University of Lynchburg Sports Hall of Fame was established in 1978 to honor outstanding athletes and teams for their athletic performance, leadership, and team contributions while students at the University of Lynchburg.
Nominations for 2019 will be accepted through February 15, 2019.
Eligibility requirements: A nominee shall:
1. Have been a full-time student at the University of Lynchburg for at least two years
2. Have been a letter-winner in at least one varsity sport at the University of Lynchburg
3. Have left the University at least nine years ago
Current Alumni Board, alumni faculty, and staff members are eligible. Non-alumni staff must have a minimum of 5 years of service to the University before the individual is considered for the award. Teams may be eligible for induction as “Teams of Distinction” 9 academic years after their season of competition provided its members meet the above requirements.
Individual inductee – Athletic performance, team contributions, achievement and/or leadership in sports competition as evidenced by such as:
- Post-season honors, such as All-American, All-State, All-Conference, etc.
- Advancement to post-season competition such as NCAA regional and national championships or All-Star team selection
- Record-setting performances
- Winning individual championships
- Holding the position of team captain
- When reviewing student athletes and teams who competed prior to the University joining the NCAA, approval will be based on criteria that they were the best athletes of their era and they will not be held to current standards.
- Athletic achievement after the University of Lynchburg will be considered, including participation and achievement in professional, Olympic, and amateur athletics, but only as a complement to the individual’s athletic career while at the University of Lynchburg.
Team of Distinction – Athletic performance and achievement in sports competition as evidenced by exceptional accomplishments at or above the conference level including advancement to NCAA regional or national competition, regional or national titles, school records, and undefeated seasons.
Special Citation – At the discretion of the selection committee, individuals, coaches, and administrators who have substantially enhanced the athletic program at the University of Lynchburg may be honored by Special Citation.
Other: This honor may be posthumously bestowed.
Questions? Contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 434.544.8293, 800.621.1669, or .
* indicates a required field.