As a commuter student, we’ve got lots of great programs and services in place just for you.
- Special Information for First-Year Commuter Students
- Commuter Student Lounge
- Monthly Newsletter
- Commuter Appreciation Week
- Commuter Student Association
- Commuter Parking
- Commuter Meal Plans
We look forward to seeing you on campus!
First-Year freshmen that will be commute to Lynchburg College will be given a Resident Assistant (RA) and a residential community. The RAs will reach out to commuter students to invite them to residential events, for example Tasty Tate and Monthly Mont events. First-Year commuter students will also have access to the lounge spaces in first-year housing (Tate and Montgomery Hall).
Located on the terrace level of Bullard House (townhouse), the lounge is open to all commuter students between 6 a.m. and 12 midnight. This is a great place to study and relax with friends, and it’s within walking distance to Domino’s Pizza.
- Coin-operated storage lockers
- Full-service kitchen with sink, refrigerator, and microwave
- Fully-networked computers and printer
- Cable television
- Telephone (local service only)
- Message Board
- Study desks
The monthly newsletter is emailed to all commuter students and provides you with campus news, current events, and helpful information.
CAW takes place in both the fall and spring semester. It’s a week long program of events designed for commuter students, like: free coffee and donuts in the commuter parking lot, a themed commuter lunch, and trivia night. Read the commuter student newsletter for more information.
CSA is a student organization that helps to plan programs for non-residential students and is your voice on the Student Government Association (SGA). The CSA office is located on the first floor of the Drysdale Student Center.
Any of the white spaces on campus can be used as commuter student parking. Commuter students are encouraged to park in the commuter lot behind Hobbs-Sigler Hall. There is a $75 annual registration fee for full-time non-resident (Commuting) First-Years and all sophomores, juniors, and senior students.
- 80 Lunch Plan (daily lunch, Monday – Friday, in Burton Dining Hall): $620 / semester
- 80 Meal Plan (including any meal in Burton Dining Hall): $832 / semester
- 40 Meal Plan (including any meal in Burton Dining Hall): $425 / semester
- Hornet Plan: $300 per semester (declining balance account)
Or choose any of the residential meal plans:
- Unlimited Meal Plan: $2,500 per semester (unlimited entrance at Burton Dining Hall)
- Hornet Plan 500: $500 per semester (declining balance account)
- Hornet Plan 750: $750 per semester (declining balance account)
For details about each plan, go to https://www.lynchburg.edu/student-life/dining-services/meal-plans/.