The GO Mentoring Program offers individual, short-term, targeted assistance to help you develop better organizational skills, including improved organization of course materials and study habits, time management, priorities, connections to resources, and steps for completing tasks.
This program helps you to address concerns in a timely manner, and keep everything on track, preventing the loss of good academic standing.
Mentors | Contact Us | Events
We help you organize:
- Materials and study habits for academics
- Your time and extracurricular/social schedule
- Your priorities
We help you to discover:
- Connections to the right resources
- Thoughts and ideas to tackle bigger projects
GO Mentoring will help you become more motivated to succeed, and will enable you to continue building upon your success.
- Shannon Greene (Major: Bio-Medical Science)
- Janaya Mott (Major: Biology)
- Madison Rechenberg (Major: Exercise Physiology)
- Norman Fietzke (Educational Studies; BA in English)
- Sarah Johnson (Clinical Mental Heath Counseling; BS in Psychology)
GO Program Administrators
- Karen Hatter (Program Coordinator of Academic Coaching, Academic and Career Services)
- Jonathan Fries (Director of Second-Year, Transfer, and Non-Traditional Student Programs)
Faculty and Staff
- Annette Stadtherr (Director, Multicultural Services)
- Desi Justis (Sciences, Sciences Resource Manager)
Appointments can be made with faculty, staff, or peer GO Mentors through “Online Forms” on MyLC. Questions about GO Mentoring should be sent to Karen Hatter, Program Coordinator of Academic Coaching, at .
Our events — called Pit Stops — present just a portion of what students can expect to receive from a one-on-one GO Mentor session.
During the semester we hold several Pit Stops in different locations, on different topics These Pit Stops consist of one to two Peer Mentors presenting valuable information to a group of students in a comfortable setting.
Everyone on campus can benefit from these Pit Stops, so bring a friend!
To find out when and where our next Pit Stop will be check out our Facebook calendar.
GO Mentoring is not a substitute for the Academic Coaching Program, which provides weekly academic coaching meetings for students on academic probation.