The LC Journal of Education, Leadership, and Counseling is designed primarily to provide a vehicle to share the research and scholarship of Lynchburg College graduate students and faculty in the fields of education, leadership, and counseling. The journal is an online and ongoing publication. Postings will be added twice per year (winter and summer) to the journal as they are received and approved.
|Articles||Research studies, research-based articles, and literature reviews conducted or written by Lynchburg College graduate students or faculty are eligible to be published on this site. In addition, students, and faculty at other higher education institution may submit a research article or literature review related to education, leadership studies, or counseling for consideration.|
|Dissertations||All dissertations completed as part of the Interdisciplinary Leadership Studies Doctoral Program at Lynchburg College are eligible to be published in the LC Journal of Education, Leadership, and Counseling. Dissertations written by students at other institutions are not published on this site.|
|Submission Guidelines||All LC student articles must be reviewed, approved, and recommended by the course instructor, program director, or advisor and submitted to Turn-It-In prior to submission.
All articles will be reviewed by the editorial panel which consists of Dr. Holly Gould, Dr. Paula Lichiello, and the graduate assistant for the EdD Leadership Studies program.
If approved, the submission will be published in a future volume of the e-journal. All manuscripts accepted for publication will be published on the LC web site in the e-journal. Questions and submissions (as email attachments) should be sent to: email@example.com. Submission deadlines are December 1 for winter and May 15 for summer.
How to Prepare Your Manuscript
All papers will be considered for publication if they have the review, approval, and recommendation of the course instructor, advisor, or program director. All manuscripts must be submitted electronically in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All manuscripts should include a cover page with the following information:
- Title of the manuscript
- Date of submission
- Author’s name, mailing address, business and home telephone numbers, institutional affiliation and address, email address, and fax number
- Statement that this manuscript is not under consideration nor has it been published elsewhere
Papers submitted for consideration should adhere to the following stylistic attributes:
- All manuscripts must include a 150-word abstract and three (3) keywords.
- Articles should adhere to a 2500 to 3000 word limit.
- The manuscript should be typed in 12 point, Times New Roman font, double-spaced, with one-inch margins, and all pages should be numbered.
- The manuscript should adhere to APA format with all reference citations, quoted material, and the reference list consistent with APA (Sixth Ed.) guidelines.
- The manuscript should include appropriate headings according to APA form (all papers should have at a minimum center “A” headings and may also have flush left “B” headings, under those center headings as appropriate).
- A list of references in APA form should follow on a page that is separate from the manuscript and follows the last page of the text.
- All tables and figures should be noted in text, numbered in sequence, and then either embedded as appropriate in text or included on a separate page after the references (if tables and figures are included).
- Authors have the responsibility of ensuring that any tabular or graphic material that is used from another source is appropriately included within the manuscript for publication in this journal. Securing permission for such content is the responsibility of the author. Authors must also assume responsibility for crediting information to the appropriate original source.
Authors will be notified upon receipt of their manuscripts within five business days. After a preliminary editorial review, manuscripts that meet journal specifications will be sent to reviewers. With the exception of the cover page, LC’s Journal of Education, Leadership, and Counseling requires that authors omit any identifying information to ensure a blind review. An email from one of the editors will be sent following the blind review, usually within eight weeks.
If you discover a small error after submitting your manuscript, please do not send a correction; we can correct errors in the editing process.