Lynchburg College is working with your local school division to find students who dream of teaching right in their home communities.
How Does It Work?
Students who are admitted to the Grow Your Own Teachers program will complete two years of coursework at Central Virginia Community College (CVCC), while also taking selected classes at Lynchburg College. Upon graduation from CVCC, the remaining two years of coursework will be completed at Lynchburg College.
All four years of the Grow Your Own Teachers program will use Guided Pathways of instruction to make sure all requirements are met and students are on track for graduation at the end of four years.
Who Is Eligible?
- Students enrolled in the following school divisions are eligible to apply: Amherst, Appomattox, Bedford, Campbell, and Lynchburg City.
- The Grow Your Own Teachers Initiative is particularly interested in students who wish to teach in Science Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) or STEM-related content areas.
- Students enrolled in Early College through their home school division and CVCC are also eligible to participate.
What Are the Benefits?
- Tuition: Students pay CVCC tuition for two years and then benefit from a financial aid package during their final two years at Lynchburg College.
- Close to home: You will be able to complete your field- work and student teaching in your home school division.
- Support: You will benefit from student supports created just for the Grow Your Own Teachers program, including faculty advisors at both CVCC and Lynchburg College.
- Teaching Jobs: Students in the Grow Your Own Teachers program will work with their home school divisions for job placement after graduation. Additional incentives will depend upon the policies of the respective school division.
Ready to Apply?
- Create your application
- Select non-degree undergraduate on the Enrollment Tab of the Application
- Select “Grow Your Own” as your non-degree category and complete the application
How Do I Find Out More?
- See your school counselor and ask about the Grow Your Own Teachers program
- For more information, please contact Lisa Scott at