High school requirements
- Overall high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- Minimum SAT score of 1250 or ACT 26
Number of pathway seats available
Progression requirements as an undergraduate
- Complete undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree) within 4 years
- Meet all requirements to fulfill the job expectations of a Physical Therapist
- Applicants must meet the following GPA requirements prior to program application in PTCAS:
Overall GPA: 3.3
Science and Math Prerequisite GPA: 3.4
Last 60 credit hours GPA: 3.5
- Must apply Early Decision through the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) by the deadline of August 15 during your senior year at University of Lynchburg.
- Have no more than 2 outstanding prerequisite courses at the time of application submission
- Meet the criteria established by the DPT Admissions Committee outlined here* (reference letters, GRE scores, observation hours are submitted through PTCAS during application process).
- Be eligible for licensure in your jurisdiction
- Attend a DPT Information Session prior to senior year
Additional clinical hours required
- Observe the work of a Physical Therapist within the clinical setting for 10 hours before the freshman year begins
- Prior to enrolling in the DPT program, students would need an additional 115; total clinical hours required prior to DPT matriculation: 120
- Hours require verification by a licensed physical therapist
Please contact the admissions office with your questions at 434.544.8300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.