Jason Dow ’17
Deandre Short ’17
Samantha Topping ’19
Box Office Manager
Brevard Music Institute
Evan Gendreau ’17
Clyfford Still Museum, Denver
Anna Wehr ’17
Masters in Theatre Management
Ellee Evans ’19
Margaret Clarke ’20
Kelsey Dowling ’17
Director of Operations
Elena Kritter ’12
Devised Theatre Specialist, NYC
Dustin Williams ’09
Founder and Artistic Director
Tyler Barrett ’16
Assistant Technical Director
Aurora Theatre, Atlanta
Derek Cooper ’11
Port Discovery Children’s Museum
Lynchburg Theatre Majors: Jobs
- Actor, NCIS, Mad Men, Lifetime movies
- Lead Technician, The Shakespeare Theatre, Madison, N.J.
- Actress, Miss Congeniality, Hallmark movies
- Properties Coordinator, Imagination Stage, Bethesda, Md.
- Disney World Face Character, Orlando, Fla.
- Drama Teacher, Liberty High School, Bedford, Va.
- Producing Artistic Director/Founder, Wolfbane Productions, Appomattox, Va.
Many of our students participate in summer theatre, gaining professional experience between their undergraduate years.
Recent companies include:
- Clear Space Theatre Company, Rehoboth, Del.
- Virginia Stage Company, Norfolk, Va.
- Ogunquit Playhouse, Ogunquit, Maine
- Phamaly Theatre, Denver, Co.
- Shenandoah Summer Music Theatre, Winchester, Va.
- The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, Madison, N.J.
- Merry-Go-Round Playhouse, Auburn, N.Y.
- Lost Colony Outdoor Drama, Manteo, N.C.
Internships allow students to gain practical experience and a focused perspective on the professional world of theatre. Students normally intern through summer theatre opportunities, or with professional companies after graduation.
Recent internships include:
- Audience Relations, Arena Stage, Washington, D.C.
- Children’s Theatre, Center Stage, Baltimore, Md.
- Theatre Management, Virginia Theatre Association, Lynchburg, Va.
- Violet Baptist Church Drama Ministry, Columbus, Ohio
- Community Outreach, Center Stage, Baltimore, Md.
- Public Relations, Academy Center of the Arts, Lynchburg, Va.
Graduate and Professional Education
Some of our graduates have continued their professional education at excellent schools and conservatories.
- MFA Scene Design, University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- MFA Stage Management, Rutgers University
- MEd Theatre for Youth, Emerson College
- Atlantic Acting School, New York, N.Y.
- William Esper Acting Studio, New York, N.Y.